Thursday, May 25, 2006

Mom's Little Nurse

Mom was diagnosed with Cancer about a year and a half ago. I'm guessing that's one of the reasons Mom decided to stay with us and heal is because of this little precious being... her name is Guadalupe (or Lupe for short). Lupe is a Chihuahua; hence the Spanish name.

I was just in California visiting Mom (& Pop) for Mothers day (Mom is in remission from Multiple Myeloma - yahoo!).

My brother would bring Lupe to the hospital "almost" everyday. You cannot believe the power of Lupe's presence in the hospital...

How cool of Hoag Memorial in Newport Beach (an exceptional hospital) to allow family pets to come and visit.

And, when Mom came home from the hospital, this little dog stayed by her side at every waking moment. We had to coax Lupe out just to eat and go potty, and then she was back by Mom's side in an instant. I noticed a bit of aging on this little one since my last visit. She has many grey hairs on her chin and some new moles on her head.

I was once told that our domesticated animals are here to heal with us... well... that little creature sure proved it...

God bless little Lupe - she worked overtime - a perfect example of unconditional love. I always say, "I want to become the person my dog thinks I am...".

No comments: