Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Deep thought in the Laundromat...

I was sitting at a local Laundromat (don't ask) recently while waiting for two comforters to dry... In the mail I had received a catalog (that I usually throw away) with some of those sort of things that I don't need... but I needed to kill some time while waiting for my comforters to dry...

Anyway, I was flipping through and came across this little framed saying: Well behaved women rarely make history....

WOWIE! With all that I am working on right now with my business, my spiritual life, my relationships, etc. (try not to notice the order I put those in...). That little graphic caught my attention. And I started to ponder what "well behaved,” meant to me...

Throughout my life as "the child of Armando & Diana" I prided myself on being well behaved... BUT, and this is a big but, I realized that I was always trying to please everything and everybody outside myself to be what "they thought" was the right thing or person to be... never truly honoring myself in who I wanted to be... AND, being well behaved really opens a can of worms... even in the society that I grew up in where women mostly raised families and kept a home...

I was born into a new faction of women who decided that raising a family wasn't necessarily going to feed the inner needs... I became a young woman fighting (mainly inside myself) for the rights to be "whatever it was I wanted to be". And for me, raising a family and keeping a home was not even close to my desires...

So then I started to look at my "current" definition of "well behaved". AND, that I did't want to come off as someone who is well behaved, because I am someone who is working on something that will very well CHANGE HISTORY... oooooooooooouu, those are big aspirations, aren't they? Yes indeed. I can't go into much detail as there are legal issues, but I can tell you, I am going to disrupt the business I am in... and I am going to leave my mark...

I now believe that well behaved women aren't what I want to be, or what I am... and I'm O.K. with that...

All I was doing was flipping through a stupid little catalog in a Laundromat waiting for my blankets to dry... ya never know where deep thought will occur... I'm used to it happening inside my car driving down the road... I welcome more of it in more places...

No comments: