Saturday, January 10, 2009

Root Canal or Mammoth Caves?

On a COLD, WET day in southern Kentucky the adventure began...So I'm wondering if a root canal would have been as difficult as the photo field trip was today? The verdict is still in deliberation in my mind... I spent the late afternoon in Kentucky at the Mammoth Caves. My camera club was granted special permission to go in and take our cameras and tripods to create some photos. There were about forty of us... and the space to take "interesting" photos [without railing, or people] was limited. And I carried way too much equipment - how was I to know...? I'm not that terribly crazy about anything I came home with, but I will tell you [my one reader] that it was an education... an education indeed.Imagine a middle aged [voluptuous] woman having a perpetual "hot flash" for ninety minutes... her tripod gets kicked three times during a long exposure - by the same person ;-(, and she only gets five minutes in the prime location for shooting pictures...then she walks out in 33 degrees weather...dripping wet... you guessed it... NOT PRETTY...

No really, I'm glad I went... I'm grateful for the opportunity...

Here's another of the shots - always click to see a bigger version - ENJOY!

No comments: