Saturday, March 21, 2009

Paralyzed

I had just finished a session with my massage therapist last Saturday afternoon when I discovered this sweet little bird standing underneath my car, right under my driver door and very near my front tire.

This little creature was paralyzed it seemed; couldn't move, just stood there looking at me.

I could hear my Mother (who was raised on a farm) say, "don't touch it, they carry disease!" So I called my therapist out - I know she has a bird of her own. As I called her, I saw another bird of the same breed lying belly up just a yard away. Then I knew, the other bird was traumatized.

My massage therapist gently picked up the dead bird and laid it in the upper planter.Then very lovingly and gently touched the other bird from the side... the living bird flew away.

But before all of this, I got my camera out (of course) and took this photo.

I believe in animal medicine. I haven't looked up the meaning yet, but I can tell you I know exactly how this bird felt... because lately I have been paralyzed within myself. I haven't know which way to go in my life. I guess I too could use a gentle nudge to help me along my way...

No comments: