Thursday, March 23, 2006

MISS IDA

My husband’s grandmother Ida fell and broke her neck in two places on Saturday morning. She is 95 years of age; a feisty woman who has always told people how they should do things. It was difficult to see her in the hospital in that condition. She is not paralyzed (Thank God!), but she is immobilized. She actually cracked me up when she saw us, because she said exactly what I knew she would say when we gave her the flowers we brought, "You shouldn't have...", and then shortly there after, she said, "I wish I could make you something to eat...". She made me laugh.


Although I'm never sure in a situation like this, whether it is the "right" thing to do; I brought my camera to the hospital room. This is one of the photos I quietly took. My husband caressed Ida's hand the majority of the time we were there... that plucked at my heart strings.

No comments: