Monday, August 28, 2006

Deadwood and gone for now...

I thought that I had heard that this was going to be the last season of Deadwood on HBO… Last night was the final episode of the 3rd season, and it left me with a sense of completely unfinished business...
I LOVE this show. I realize that some people are offended by profanity; but I’m not one of them (unless it is OVER-used). Then again, I can be irritated by someone who uses “UM” too many times while speaking, or “YOU KNOW”…

The thing that I love about this show is that it challenges my ear. The dialogue is written in iambic pentameter (refer to Shakespeare) form. I have to listen intently to follow the dialogue at times, AND am many times amazed at the wording… I just love it! I hope they change their minds and bring back another season of DEADWOOD!

Side note: My children’s book is written in iambic pentameter, no one really knows this unless I tell them, but if you’re sharp, you’ll recognize it.

No comments: