I was wavering on whether to set a resolution of “following-up” on all things important to my well being and my business… then I thought to myself, "does this set me up for a fall?" Have I successfully completed resolutions that I have set in the past? What does resolution REALLY mean??? So, of course I looked it up in one of my favorite books (as described in my profile - ANY Dictionary). The definition(s) actually surprised me (see below).
Nowhere did the definition say that I would be setting myself up for a fall… cool, then I’ll do it! And, I realized I stopped setting resolutions many years ago due to the FEAR (there's that UGLY word) of failure... sooo, I am making a resolution for 2007 to follow-up on all things related to the good of my life – and this includes SEE ME cards - I am walking thru my past fears of failure! AND, since my philosophy is self-care & self-love, all these follow-ups will fall in line with my truest beliefs! YEAH!!!
Happy New Year to each and every one of my IBI sisters and brothers! And may you COMPLETE your needs for 2007!
1. the process of resolving something
2. a formal expression of the consensus at a meeting, arrived at after discussion and usually as the result of a vote
3. a firm decision to do something
4. firmness of mind or purpose
5. the level of reproduction of detail offered by a TV or computer screen or a film image
6. an answer to a problem
7. the process or act of separating something such as a chemical compound or a source of light into its constituent parts
8. the disappearance or coming to an end of symptom or condition such as fever or inflammation
9. the movement from a dissonant to a consonant chord or note
10. the note or chord to which the harmony moves when progressing from dissonance to consonance
11. the point in a dramatic work when the conflict is resolved
12. See resolving power
13. the substitution of a long syllable for two short ones in the rhythm of a line of poetr