Friday, January 30, 2009

200 Posts! More Mammoth Caves!

So I was thinking... what can I possibly do with my Mammoth Caves photographs??? I'll be surprised if anyone ever asks me... "Do you have any Cave photos?" I hardly doubt that will happen...

I was asked to submit some photos from the shoot by the camera club I went on the photo field trip with for our meeting in February - can you believe next week is FEBRUARY!!!

All the photographs look EXTREMELY better larger... CLICK on any of the photos to see a larger version!


The photo below was created by another photographer "painting" light on the wall with a flashlight, while I held the shutter open for a very long time - kinda cool,huh?This photograph was created with my 14mm fish-eye lens. I pointed the camera up to the ceiling and opened the shutter for about a minute. When I opened the photograph in PhotoShop I brought up the exposure first; this brought in all these colors of red and purple. Then I went into curves and added more purple and red. I also enhanced with hue and saturation. Weird but cool!The next shot I thought was pretty much a piece of crap... but when I brought up the exposure, all these colors started to appear. I believe the colors appeared because of all the flash photography that was happening while my shutter was WIDE open. I did not use ANY flash on any of my photographs - I grabbed the light from what was available inside the cave only. You can see the railing up at the top of the photograph, and the stairway at the bottom.
The last shot is pretty similar to the others previously posted, however, there was so much more detail on the walls of new stalagtites creating themselves...

No comments: