Saturday, March 14, 2009

Do you Accuse or Defend?

I do not search out church signs, but I do collect them. This one particularly struck me because of something I am experiencing in my life presently. I have been accused of many things I do not do by someone very close to me. Then when I passed by the sign again the other day, I realized that I too have accused that same person of something... but they actually did what I accused them of... so now what?

So I looked it up:
Accuse ac·cuse v
1. vti - to confront somebody with a charge of having done something illegal, wrong, or undesirable

I ask again, now what... in accordance with what this sign says?

1 comment:

Tonua said...

Don't know if this will help or if this is even what you are seeking, but I thought I'd offer up my thoughts on this sign and what it means.

I don't think this is about whether you are right or wrong. I think it doesn't matter. God tells us to love our enemy. Jesus says that if we are to forgive those who sin against us even as the Lord forgives us.

I think this sign is about forgiveness, not about whether the accuser is in the right or not. Forgiveness is a topic I've been working through with God lately, and as soon as I saw this photo, it brought into focus everything I've been dealing with.