Friday, September 29, 2006

Remissssful Me!

Remissful me. I've been gone for a couple of weeks and away from my computer and blog... so please forgive me if you've been looking for a new entry.

Every nine weeks I travel to a foreign place... Los Angeles... I find it amusing that I would feel like Los Angeles is foreign since L.A. is my birthplace (Torrance, CA actually), and I lived there for 31 years. But each time I return there, my connection is less and less, and the place I sometimes refer to as home is so strange and foreign to me. If it weren't for my family, and the business side of my life, I'm not so sure I would return there any more... very sad to think...

First things first: I don't like driving there at all anymore... toooooooo many cars!!!!!!!!!!!!
Secondly: It seems like it is a POLICE state any more. It is very easy to figure out what you CAN'T do (what's against the law). And maybe I am exaggerating, but it seems like common things anymore there are against the law (parking, stopping, looking, smelling, enjoying... etc.).

Now that I live in a small town in Tennessee, I find my visits to California becoming quaint in nature. I grew up in Seal Beach, a small town surrounded by much larger cities on either side. So, now when I go to CA, I gravitate to my small town attraction by visiting the downtown area of Seal Beach. You can walk along the sidewalk in peace, window shop, and guess what...??? Parking is FREE... a very uncommon occurrence in southern California.

I have a photo of the beach from the pier, I'll keep looking for it so I can post it, and you can see Seal Beach.

No comments: