Sunday, October 01, 2006

Peoples Choice Award

I truly believe that this entire experience of taking this photograph was a gift from God. I was at the right place, at the right time, with the right equipment in my hands.

Lucy (my Scottish Terrier) had never been taken off her leash before, she's a typical Scottish terrier, and she wants to rule the world and all its creatures. Since this day, every time we go to the Dog Beach in Huntington Beach, CA, we gladly unleash her. I have never seen such joy on this sweet little dogs face as when she runs around the beach sniffing and chasing other dogs.

I entered this photo into the Tennessee State Fair professional category. All my photos placed except this one... I'll admit I was very puzzled as I thought this to be the best of my submissions. I call this UNLEASHED! Well, my puzzlement was answered, as total strangers in attendance of the fair voted it the BEST professional photo in the exhibit! We won the "Peoples Choice Award", a large purple fancy ribbon - I am very proud for both Lucy and myself!

No comments: