Monday, July 16, 2007

I BELIEVE in Me!

I did it! I wrote Oprah's producers today! I went out to her site and looked to see if there was a section that would apply to my Clint the Black Cat™ project - I found: Need a "HARPO HOOK UP" To Pull A Few Strings?

Do you need our help getting something done? Have you tried everything you can think of... but keep running up against brick walls?

Tell us all about what you're trying to accomplish... and why... and just how hard you've tried to make this happen on your own.

I was given 2000 characters to express my needs, here it is:


I believe in the power of believing! In 1996 I created a character and wrote a children’s book story called Clint the Black Cat™. I then co-created a curriculum for elementary kids to illustrate my book series and at the same time receive the gifts of personal empowerment through this process. In late 2000 I self-published 5000 copies of my book and began to visit elementary schools, libraries, colleges, book stores, drug stores, private parties, anyone who would help my cause. I have funded this project myself with every extra penny I had including selling my purple 1992 Corvette (my dream car).

In 2002 I lost my corporate job and the salary that allowed me to fund my project, CTBC had to go up on a shelf while I pursued a career as an artist. In the summer of 2006 I took CTBC down off of the shelf, dusted him off, and began to expand on my dream of producing a children’s educational TV show promoting personal empowerment through the visual art experience.

My book is illustrated by K-4th grade students, these children would go on book signings with me; I wish you could have seen the transformation in self-esteem with these kids.

I have had this dream for 11 years now to produce this book series and my TV show. But it is so hard when you are a team of one that is doing everything, and I mean EVERYTHING! Everybody tells me I have done it right, but no one can help me get to the place that I see in my mind clearly. I see my show on PBS; I see it helping millions of children learn to love and accept themselves thru art. I see the show as an educational tool for teachers, home school parents, etc. I need a team to help bring this dream to reality.

I have sold over 1000 books myself! My website is www.clinttheblackcat.com and www.clinttheblackcat.com/1996 (old site). Could I borrow a production team to get a pilot done of my show? I have interest in the show at PBS in Norfolk, VA, but I need the pilot! Maybe get Chevy or Crayola to sponsor Clint the Black Cat?

There's no taking it back now, so cross your fingers, say a prayer, make a wish... whatever it will take to get this to happen - I BELIEVE!!!!

1 comment:

Tonua said...

You can see it. You believe it. And you've shared your vision with people who can make it happen. Now is the time to just get out of the way and let the Universe take care of the rest.

You have done everything right, and I know this will happen for you!

Tonua