Thursday, September 06, 2007

Why Orange?

It's kinda weird to think that I'm getting used to going into correctional facilities... spending time with large groups of inmates... and taking their picture... I'm actually enjoying this human experience...

Today I asked someone in the know... Why Orange? His answer was simple, "Because it is a color that isn't normally worn by just anybody, and if an inmate were to escape, the color would be quickly recognized." That made complete sense to me, and after the answer I felt a little stupid for not having figured that one out... but then again in my own defense I do live in Tennessee where Orange (and White) are staples in clothing color choices (Tennessee University).

I'm a visual artist; I am attracted to certain colors more than others... Orange is not one of them...

1 comment: