Sunday, April 05, 2009

The Earth Laughs in Flowers - RWE

Belle Meade TulipsCheekwood MagnoliaHome Grown DaffodilsI recently created a work of "art" that will be auctioned off at the 13th Annual "Chair-ish the Kids" benefiting "Kids on the Block." It was an exercise that stretched me artistically; I never thought about it taking about forty hours to complete. It get's auctioned off on April 30th of this month.

The chair I worked on is titled, "The Earth Laughs in Flowers" - a quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson. Here is a picture of the final piece of work. My dog Lucy just had to be in the photo... actually, she wouldn't move...I painted the chair with four different colors of green to give the flowers a proper background, and then also hand painted vines up the legs reaching to the flowers.This is the cover of the brochure from the "Chair-ish the Kids" event.

No comments: