Friday, March 24, 2006

PRO Photography

I was once again reminded that what I do for a living DOES REALLY make a HUGE difference. I am a professional photographer - with very high-end equipment & talents.

I recently threw a surprise 40th birthday party for my husband. In order to get pictures from the event, I asked two of my friends (non professionals) to bring their digital cameras. Obviously, I couldn't be the one taking the shots, since I was bringing my husband to the event.

Disclaimer: I am grateful that these cameras were at the party!

Then I was handed one of the cameras to use after arriving. (You might wonder why I didn't bring my camera to use after the surprise was revealed; that would have clued my husband into something being fishy if he saw the CANON 1Ds Mark II in the vehicle.)

Anyway, all I can say is: A PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER IS WORTH THEIR WEIGHT IN GOLD!!! AND, the equipment they arrive with (at least the pros I know - and myself) also makes a difference! I spent an hour and a half removing red eye out of the shots from this handy little digital camera... that would NOT have been the case with my equipment.

I thanked my friends for allowing me to learn that my talents and my equipment are valuable to the outcome of GREAT photography. I am soooo glad I had this experience; I was about to buy a pocket sized camera to carry around for times when the BIG DADDY Mark II (My husband calls it the HOWITZER) wasn't around.

I'll keep looking... I'm leaning towards the Canon Digital Rebel XT, it's not pocket sized, but it weighs about 100 lbs less than the 1Ds Mark II HOWITZER...

Oh, and by the way, the party was a COMPLETE surprise to Tim. HOORAY!

No comments: